Thursday, January 12, 2017

Designer Highlight! with Heidi Erickson

Happy Thursday, Prickley Pear Fans! 

It's time for another Designer Highlight and this week Heidi is back with one of her fabulous creations. 

Let's see what Heidi's been crafting this week:





Hello everyone!  I hope to inspire you to create other fun projects that go beyond paper.  I love to make cards and sometimes going beyond my comfort zone can be a challenge. I had this little lunch tin for several years and decided it was time to start creating.
Here is my creation for the week!




Challenge #1 for this project was the white tin. How do I cover it?  I dusted off my alchohol inks that I had stashed in a drawer. Here, I've used Eggplant, Sailboat Blue and Purple Twilight Adirondack Alcohol Inks. Using a ink applicator and felt pad, I dropped 3 - 4 drops of each color onto the felt. Then I added some of the blending fluid to the felt and started daubing the ink directly onto the surface of the tin.  I did need to re-apply ink to the applicator and repeat 2 times.

Once the ink was dry, (it dries very quickly) I started to decorate. I cut two strips of paper 1 3/4" x 11 and stuck them together end-to-end with ScorTape. I wrapped it around the tin and cut off the extra length of the strip that I didn't need.  I adhered it using more ScorTape around the top and the bottom of the strip of paper.  Once the strip of paper was around the tin, I cut two lengths of the lacy border die to attach to the bottom of the strip. The top edge seemed bare, so I lined the upper edge with 3/8" ScorTape and added Elizabeth Craft MicroFine Purple glitter, rubbing the glitter into the tape strip to make it sparkle!



The one thing I love about Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps is their great selection of Butterflies and Flowers!  These come as clear stamps with several images of flowers or butterflies and different designs. The matching dies often go with multiple stamp sets, so you get good value for your money. For this project I used the small Hibiscus flower from the Hibiscus 2 clear set and the matching die. I also used the large butterfly image from the Dragonflies 2 set and the matching butterfly die.  

All images were colored with Copic Markers and my Sakura Clear Gelly Roll pen added some glittery accent.

I hope you are inspired to find something laying around your place that is calling out to be decorated...and start creating!
  
Be sure to check out the Prickley Pear store for more Butterfly and Flower sets...in my opinion, they are versatile "must haves" for your craft room! Check out these great options!

Butterflies Clear set and matching die




Or perhaps you prefer the small butterflies of the Mini Butterflies 2 clear set and Mini Butterflies die.

 

 Here are the mini butterflies again with Flowers clear set and the Bunny with Daisy stamp (red rubber)

 


The Flowers clear set also comes with these tiny, versatile flowers (paired with Mini Birds clear set and Birdcage die set)




Finally, this card highlights another flower style (Poinsettia clear set) and the great foliage options (Leaf Die Set).

Thanks for stopping by today. Remember, more great inspiration can be found on our Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment