Thursday, January 1, 2015

Snowflake!

IMG_7326 (800x575)
















Did I mention I’m in the Christmas mode and I’m making ahead for next year.  Somehow I can’t bring myself to make winter cards in the summer, my heart is just not in it.  I receive orders for Christmas cards about mid-November and if I don’t have some done up already, then I panic.
 
I still have a couple of these music sheets left.  I just love the added touch they give to these cards.  A bit vintage but not way too vintage.  I’m not really a lacy, buttony, frilly, swirly type personality and it’s difficult for me to do a really vintage card.

Here’s that sweet snowflake die from PPRS and their scalloped circle die which I cut the middle out with one of the layers and used it for something else.  The snowflake looks at home nestled in there and layered on top of that piece of embossed gold mirror paper.  I stamped that little bow with the sweet Snow Flake insert stamps they have that just fit perfect into the snow flake.  I want to use the rest of them yet this year.  So while you are putting your Christmas decorations away, I will likely still be stamping Christmas cards for 2015.   After completing the card it still looked a bit lacking …ah, Washi tape, I love you. A bit translucent, a bit of pattern, a lot of PUNCH.  Perfect.

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely holiday card! I agree, it's hard to think about snowy holiday cards when it's so hot in the summer. Good idea to work on some now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving me a comment robinann. Happy New Year to you. I have now put away all my christmas things but i grouped them all together this year so if the mood strikes i don't have to go searching for everything. :)

      Delete
  2. beautiful card... nice translucent washi tape..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Berina. I appreciate you looking and taking time to comment. Happy New Year to you.

      Delete
  3. Janeen, I love the snowflake! PPRS snowflake and inserts work together so beautifully! Fun use of the scalloped circle die and I love the sheet music! I am a big one to work on Christmas cards all year so I love seeing them any time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie, I know you are a good one to make Christmas cards all year round. You inspire me.

      Delete