Thursday, January 15, 2015

Love Owls

 IMG_7400 (631x800)
This is it, my last post for PPRS Guest Designer.  It’s been a fun experience and I learned a bit about how to work with limited dies available and still try to make things look different.  I’m such a die cut fanatic I had to really stretch to give a different look to each card.  I hope I have been successful with this.  I have surely enjoyed working with the wonderfully cute images that Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps has.  If you want to spend some of your Christmas money on high quality images with a soft vintage feel stop by their web site.  You’ll be glad you did.

For this last posting I chose the Love Owls with Valentine’s day in mind.  Aren’t they cute?  I used the sketch challenge SC521 from SplitCoast Stampers.  At first it looked like an odd sketch and then I went searching and these sweet owls with the moon behind them were perfect for this sketch.

IMG_7401 (800x600)

 I am adding a photo of a portion of the back ground paper I used and how I made it work.  I wanted those two images in the corners to be on my card but I didn’t want to cut the card stock.  IDEA!!   Why not score the card stock and make a fold in it and add a bit of punched scallop border.  I left the flap unglued for a bit of dimension.  I like how it turned out.  And so I say good-bye and wish for you the best crafting experience ever this year.  Try something new, play a little different and enjoy the journey!

 
Janeen

2 comments: