Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Meet the Prickley Pear 2014-2015 Design Team!

Thank you to all who took the time to apply for a position on the Prickley Pear Design Team!  We have Guest Designers to introduce to you soon.  We look forward to seeing where this design team term takes us!  Congratulations and Welcome, Ladies!

Rita Wright


Howdy!   Since I live in Texas, I just have to start off with that!   My name is Rita, but these days I go by Mama.  I have a precious two year old who is the sunshine of my life.   I'm married to an amazing man, Jason, who totally supports and enables my love of papercrafts.   We share our home with three spoiled cats and four fish.   

I have been stamping for seven years and it is the best therapy money can buy.   I started off scrapbooking, just intending to do a book for my wedding, and now I make cards almost daily.   I love to color now and am enjoying learning to use the Copics that Jason and Laila gifted me on Mother's Day this year.   I am excited to be on the Prickley Pear team and can't wait to get started.


Melissa Chipperfield

I am a Midwest SAHM to four, ages 1-10.  I'm a registered dental hygienist by trade, but only work one morning per week right now as we raise our children.

I love the creative side of life and find crafts & photography are my outlets as I navigate through motherhood!  There is nothing quite like a quiet hour or two spent in the craft room or roaming with camera in hand!  I tend to create clean and simple designs, challenging myself to come up with something that effectively portrays a message in the simplest of ways.  I am so excited to be back with Prickley Pear and can't wait to see what's in store for us in the months ahead!  I love getting to know other creative people in the blogosphere, so I hope you'll come visit us often here on the blog and leave a comment now and then so I know you're out there!
www.smudgetime.com

 design-team-sept-2014-angela-bode.jpg
Angela Bode
Hi! I am Angie, and for the past 23 years, my husband and I have called Georgia our home. We live on 3 acres of land and enjoy the change of seasons we see displayed on our little bit of land! We have two teens, a boy and a girl that keep us hopping from activity to activity! Two felines walked out of the woods over the past 6 years and adopted us so if I am not crafting I am probably cuddling a bit of furry wildness!

I have been happily addicted to paper crafting since May of 2011. I love playing with die cuts, inks, sprays, paints and stamps! I am so excited to be a design team member with Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. I have had so much fun working with the delicate lines of the images. The beautiful artistry in the designs of Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps make it a breeze to create a beautiful project!
www.stampingbowd.blogspot.com


barb2.jpgBarb ThompsonHi there, I am Barb and I am a long time Arizona resident going on 44 years. When my husband retired we decided to move to a smaller town, one with cooler weather but still in Arizona. I decided I needed a hobby since I no longer work and my sister who is a long time Scrapbooker and stamper gave me a few lessons and a kit to get me started! Well as they say I was hooked. I make mostly cards and love to play with different color combinations and patterns of paper. I am so excited to be a part of the Prickley Pear Stamps design team! I hope I can inspire you!
http://cardsandpaperfun.blogspot.com/



design-team-sept-2013-heidi-erickson.jpg Heidi Erickson
I have been married for 22 years and have three teenage sons. I have been stamping for about 17 years. In 1997, I started my own Stamp and Scrapbook store with my Mom in Central Wisconsin. I love to create cards mostly, but I have done some Scrapbooks of our family vacations and special events. When I am not busy stamping, you will find me with a good book, going to Lacrosse games to watch my boys play, or spending time with family and friends.
www.stampshoppecreations.blogspot.com


design-team-2014-rene-koehn Rene' Koehn
I live in Shawnee Kansas – a suburb of the greater Kansas City area. I am happily married to my wonderful husband Brad. We have four fabulous children, three dogs and three cats. I have recently become a Grandma to Silas, whom I absolutely adore! Crafting has been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember. My mother, my sister and I share the same love. I discovered paper crafting about 8 years ago when I decided to do a scrapbook album for a friend of mine – been hooked ever since. I have taught classes for two local paper crafting stores for the last 6 years. Currently, I have the awesome privilege to design and work from home. I love to go “junking” in search of items that I can repurpose or alter. I would describe my crafting style as vintage-shabby, and I love anything old and “chippy”. I am honored to be part of the Prickley Pear Design team!!
www.vintageinkc.blogspot.com


Michelle Pearsondesign-team-sept-2013-michelle-pearson.jpg
I'm a stay at home mother of a 8 yo daughter and a 13 yo son. My husband has put up with my creative messes for the last 22 years! I am totally addicted to all things paper.  Papercrafting keeps my mind occupied and gives me satisfaction to create *something* out of a pile of fun supplies. I teach stamping workshops and love trying new techniques and like a variety of styles. I am currently taking a bit more time to scrapbook and am enjoying dabbling with zentangle-inspired doodles. I'm looking forward to seeing where Prickley Pear will take us on our creative journeys this term!
www.inspirationblooms.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to the team! Yay Rita! Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Ike a great team! Looking forward to their creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck the the new team members and of course existing, I enjoyed working with you all but something had to give !

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Rita and welcome back Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to the new DT!! Good luck!! looking forward to see their wonderful creations!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete