Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Zentangle Inspired Tutorial with Michelle

Today I am sharing a tutorial for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.  As you know...I've been dabbling with Zentangle lately, and today I'm going to show you how to take the GG0127 Ruffle Heart image and make it a little special by adding a tangle pattern to it. 

I chose the pattern Strimonds to add to the open area of the heart.  Here you can see it on the pattern sample.  Note how it looks different as I have changed the orientation.  The options are endless!

I have found that tangling sometimes looks harder than it is.  Here I have broken down the steps I took to create this patttern.

1.  Stamp your image, and in this case I cut it out.
2.  Add a grid pattern to your heart with a 01 Micron pen.  I could have done it horizontally and vertically, but for this image I slanted it a bit.  You can see that in every one of these the orientation is a bit different, but that is the beauty of it...there is no wrong!
3.  Add some ovals in the squares as shown.  They will look like long rows of sausage links separated by one blank square!
4.  Next add the ovals in the opposite directions making the lattice pattern.
5.  Next I colored the squares around my vertical ovals in solid black.
6.  Next I added curved lines around the remaining ovals.  This creates a really interesting pattern!
7.  I added some tiny feathery lines around the heart's ruffle for the image on the card.

Here you can see the progression from stamped image to finished card.  Sentiment is
EE0187 Simple Moments.

Have you tried this fun art form with your stamping yet?  I have found it opens up a whole new world with my stamps!  Watch for Part 2 of my tutorial which will show what this image looks like with different patterns in it! 

Thanks so much for taking a peek today!  I'd love to hear what you think!
~michelle~ Inspiration Blooms

2 comments:

  1. wow!! this is nice.. thanks for sharing the steps to do as well..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and a top tutorial. I love tangles. Should do them more often.

    ReplyDelete