Thursday, July 3, 2014

Welcoming Back Melissa Chipperfield as July's Guest Designer!

Hello, everyone!  It's Melissa and I'm so happy to be back with Prickley Pear as a guest designer for the month of July!  Thank you, Nicole, for the opportunity!

Anyone that knows me, knows I'm a clean and simple kind of gal.  Prickley Pear stamps are perfect for this kind of design and I'll show you how!  For today's project, I decided to use a clear stamp set and a die.


I started out by cutting a smaller square to use as my main panel.  I then die cut a flourish with the Flourish Die.


I layed the die cut on the square panel and lightly spritzed with some aqua ink spray.  I removed the die cut and the outline of the flourish remained.

Next, I created the ladybug image using the Dragonflies clear stamp set and the coordinating die.

Complementing Clear Stamp Set - CLR011 Dragonflies (Not Included)
To add a little interest and shine, I applied a little Crystal Effects to the ladybug.  I stamped the sentiment last and then popped up the entire main panel using foam dots.

Overall, a very simple card, but by using soft color with a little pop of bold color, it turned out to be an effective design.

I hope you'll take a look at all the recent additions to the store!  There are so many fun summer stamps including flowers, cars, animals, camping images and sentiments to go along with them!

Until next time, happy stamping!
Melissa from Oh, Smudge!

3 comments:

  1. love, love, LOVE your clean and simple card...great way to use the die! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful CAS card... love the ladybug.. too cute..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete