Friday, December 6, 2013

Tracie's Holiday Tissue Box Cover Tutorial



Today’s tutorial is by Tracie and is a Holiday Tissue box cover. 

Tracie: I originally got the idea from Splitcoast Stampers.  I made a few additions to the box and ended up with this lovely holiday box.  I used an Angel Soft Tissue box but I think they are all pretty much the same size.  For this project I use My Mind’s Eye “Mistletoe Magic” Designer Paper.

Cut 2 pieces of Red cardstock 5 1/8” x 9 ½” and score each piece at ½” and 5”. 



  
Cut four pieces design paper 4 1/4” x 5 7/8”.  Adhere to each side of the box.  I decorated the front of the box with the GG0184 Snowman with Lantern stamp.  I cut out the design with an oval die.  I then used a scalloped oval die to give the snowman a little dimension.  When adhering this to your box, remember that you will be adding a top to the box so you will need to move your oval towards the bottom .   I put double sided tape on each 1/2 “ long end and put together to form a hollow box.




 For the top of the box, cut one piece 6 5/8” x 6 5/8” square.  Score it at 1” along all 4 sides.   Cut slits on each side to the score line.   I then centered an oval shape die in the center of the box and cut it out.  I then cut out a piece of coordinating designer paper 4 3/8” x 4 3/8” square.  I then centered a scalloped oval die and cut it out.  Cut four pieces coordinating designer paper 7/8” x 4 3/8” for the sides of the top.  Adhere to all 4 sides of the top.  Put double sided tape on each corner and form box top.


I put pieces of double sided tape along the inside of the top of the box and adhered to the base.  I also added the Poinsettia on the top of the stamped image to give it a little dimension.

This was so easy to make and adds just a little bit of fun to that ordinary tissue box!

1 comment: