Friday, August 17, 2012

3 from 1 Scalloped Ovals Clear Stamps Set

Hi!
We are back with a featured stamp set and three projects made with it. In this way we hope to show you how versatile the clear stamps sets are. :) This month we focus on the beautiful Scalloped Oval Clear Stamps Set and the coordinated Scalloped Oval Die
 
 
The Card
Ovals kort 3
On this card I combined three of the stamps to make a framed sentiment piece. I started with stamping the flower frame with a red-ish pink on patterned paper and the sentiment with black inside the oval. Then I fuzzy cut the oval with my beloved scissors. :) To get the black frame I simply glued the cut out piece down on black cardstock and went over it again with my scissors. It’s not perfect like a die, but it’s good enough! :)
Ovals kort 2
To make the piece pop a bit more, I stamped the silhouette flower in black, cut it out and mounted it on the oval with 3D foam and all the flowers got a little yellow center form my paper pen.
 
The Layout
Ovals lo 1
I had so much fun making this layout. I went a little crazy with the mists and used the stamp set and die to make design elements like a banner and a border.
Ovals lo 2
Here is a close up on the banner. I clear embossed the oval on white cardstock two times and then inked them with distress ink Bundled Sage before cutting them out. I mounted the ovals on the die cut scalloped ovals and cut them in the middle to get four pieces. Three of them I folded over twine and decorated with butterflies.
The last one is placed by the big flower and the border I did with the border stamp. I used the same clear embossed technique and cut it out and tucked it beneath the patterned.
ovals lo 3
 
The Altered Project
ovals alter 1
I love quick and easy altered projects that can be used as little gifts instead of the traditional flower. And this is a super quick project. I’m giving away a pair of candle holders and candles to go with them. I used the birds oval for this. I simply adore this image. It’s so beautiful and fun to color!!!
Ovals alter 2
I layered old vintage newspaper with vintage lace, the scalloped die cut, ribbon and finally the cut out stamped image. Done. Of course there will be a card to go with it. :)
Thanks for stopping by

2 comments:

  1. Lovely projects Tesa. I like them all. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome projects, Tesa! I can't wait to get back to crafting with PPRS stamps :)

    ReplyDelete