Saturday, November 5, 2011

More Aluminum tape tips

Hi all! Hope you are having a lovely start of the weekend! I’m here with The Aluminum Tape – the sequel. Two small tips before I let it go! :)

Kistkort 3

My boy is going to a Halloween party tonight and these are the cards he’ll bring with his presents to the two girls hosting it.

The card base is made by stamping the coffin from the Dancing Skeleton Clear Stamps Set on patterned paper and cut it out. Then I glued it down on an ordinary black cardbase with the top of the lid just below the folded edge. Then I used my scissors and cut.

Last time I showed an aluminum tape project I worked with die cuts. But it works great with heat embossing too. The embossed parts will rise enough to make a silhouette. And this makes this technique even more fun and versatile. I stamped and heat embossed leafs from the Oak and Maple Leafs Clear Stamps Set and then covered it all with the tape and check it out!

Kistkort 2

It’s a perfect silhouette of the leaf and it’s just to run it through your die cutting machine to get a neat decoration!

And you can color it too! Even though it’s really cool with the aluminum look, sometimes one wants more colors. Easiest way is to use your Alcohol Inks. The metallic effect stays, but in a shimmering different color!

Kistkort 4

I made one purple and one orange to match the presents for the girls.

Kistkort 5

I used white satin ribbons as decoration but colored them in with distress stains. Great way to get the colors one want without having to buy loads and loads of ribbon.

Here is a look at the inside too.

Kistkort 6

Love this cat from the Circles Clear Stamps Set Fall.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tesa

5 comments:

  1. These are amazing Tesa, love the technique. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool project- love the tip and the great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I just love that little cat inside the coffin. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete